Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Little Boy

My little boy recently turned two. It was an extra-special birthday, because it was the first one we got to celebrate with him. We adopted him from Korea when he was 14 months old, so we missed his first birthday.

I have to say, what a difference a year makes. Last year, I was depressed to be missing such an important milestone and tried to be cheerful by going out to dinner with hubby. It didn't work out too well because we ended up having the most dreadful food and service at Salut, a local place that is usually pretty good.

This year, we started out the day with a birthday pancake.





The hot pancake melted some of the blue wax candles, but he seemed to enjoy it anyway. The next day, he got a "real" birthday cake at his first birthday party with us.

I could finally say in person to my little boy, "Happy Birthday, dear Nico." We are so lucky to have you.

1 comment:

April said...

Amazing day! :) Happy birthday and congrats mommy! I can imagine 1st birthdays are just amazing no matter how old the 1st one is as a family! Ours is in 2 months and I can't wait!